Bearhug lifted the 185.13k Stone Roller

Moderator: David Horne

Bearhug lifted the 185.13k Stone Roller

Postby David Horne » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:24 pm

A great training session today with Nick McKinless and Richard Scott.
Lots and lots of stuff.
Stone stuff, Pinch, Inch lifts, Stub, core work and Richard with a Braced snap.
But on the 185.13k Stone Roller challenge, both Nick and I lifted it bearhug today.

I lifted it twice, and then Nick lifted it too.

Consistency is key!
David Horne

Re: Bearhug lifted the 185.13k Stone Roller

Postby MARKR » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Great lifts David that thing looks tough
MARKR

Postby David Horne » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Consistency is key!
David Horne

Postby Jarrod Riordan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 am

That is a Huge Roll of Stone. Would that be around the same Level as the Criccieth Stone?
Jarrod Riordan

Postby David Horne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 am

No, far harder!
See how high Nick and I got the 177.5k Criccieth stone compared to this.

Jarrod Riordan wrote:That is a Huge Roll of Stone. Would that be around the same Level as the Criccieth Stone?
Consistency is key!
David Horne

Postby Jarrod Riordan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:19 am

David Horne wrote:No, far harder!
See how high Nick and I got the 177.5k Criccieth stone compared to this.

Jarrod Riordan wrote:That is a Huge Roll of Stone. Would that be around the same Level as the Criccieth Stone?

After Training on this Roller the Criccieth would be easier. Do You Plan on having another Attempt at the Criccieth?
Jarrod Riordan

Postby David Horne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:25 am

Now to add weight to the roller.
There are many "stone" events in the future being planned by people, so should be fun.
I will certainly pull the Criccieth higher next time. But this is to do with training, and getting used to stone lifting, and lifting that stone.

It's great fun, and has given me back strength back that resembless a bit, the back I had in the 1990s.
Which is very useful and massively pleasing.

After Training on this Roller the Criccieth would be easier. Do You Plan on having another Attempt at the Criccieth?
Consistency is key!
David Horne

Postby Jarrod Riordan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:35 am

David Horne wrote:Now to add weight to the roller.
There are many "stone" events in the future being planned by people, so should be fun.
I will certainly pull the Criccieth higher next time. But this is to do with training, and getting used to stone lifting, and lifting that stone.

It's great fun, and has given me back strength back that resembless a bit, the back I had in the 1990s.
Which is very useful and massively pleasing.

A Stonelifting Tour would be Awesome Fun. James has really got Me Interested in Stonelifting :D Good to Hear Your Back Strength is way up. Do You also do Barbell Dead's & Squat's for Your Back and Leg Strength or do You just Train the Bearhug Dead's and Stone's for Your Strength?
Jarrod Riordan

Postby David Horne » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:43 am

Good to hear. It accompanies grip training very well.

At the moment in time I do no barbell Deadlifts or Squats. But I was doing 20s on the Squats for a while in the last programme.
I now only do back/hips/legs once a week, as it takes nearly 5 days to recover sometimes.

I have enjoyed the Flat Disc Deadlifts instead of normal Deadlifts. In a way they are like old-school low stiff-legged Deadlifts that bodybuilders would do off a bench.

You have to get used to pulling from a very low position.

A Stonelifting Tour would be Awesome Fun. James has really got Me Interested in Stonelifting :D Good to Hear Your Back Strength is way up. Do You also do Barbell Dead's & Squat's for Your Back and Leg Strength or do You just Train the Bearhug Dead's and Stone's for Your Strength?
Consistency is key!
David Horne

Postby Jarrod Riordan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:51 am

David Horne wrote:Good to hear. It accompanies grip training very well.

At the moment in time I do no barbell Deadlifts or Squats. But I was doing 20s on the Squats for a while in the last programme.
I now only do back/hips/legs once a week, as it takes nearly 5 days to recover sometimes.

I have enjoyed the Flat Disc Deadlifts instead of normal Deadlifts. In a way they are like old-school low stiff-legged Deadlifts that bodybuilders would do off a bench.

You have to get used to pulling from a very low position.

When I make it over to Stafford in 2014 Hopefully I can have a Good go at this Challenge. I have 2 Year's to Train and get the Back Strength I need to get this of the Deck. I also Plan an Attempt on the Dinnie's while I am over. This is why I Ordered the Dinnie Handle's. I have Read Your Training For The Dinnie's Article a Few Time's and will follow the Info You give on the Training needed to Lift those Monster's.
Jarrod Riordan

Next

Return to Stone Lifting